The use of Twitter

When it comes to twitter I have used it for quite a while. Yet, I have never really used twitter as a professional tool. I see twitter as something that can be used however only as something that is secondary to other professional tools. For example, the first thing I would give an employer would not be my twitter but instead I would give them my linkedin. If I made friends with other educators that is when I would give them my twitter. I am not the type of person that uses social media that often, and I usually just lurk instead of engaging in online conversation. How I use twitter right now is through looking at things that tend to make me laugh. While I know the importance of online social tools, I just do not like posting things unless I know that the stuff I post has meaning. I find that posting frequently on any platform means that what you tweet out will eventually just be used as filler. I like twitter because it is a quick source of information. What I have found with a lot of education twitter sources is that they tend to feel more like facebook instead of the twitter I am used to. When it comes to online education sources, I am still going to stick to teaching inspired sub-reddits instead of twitter.



Comments